Sunday, January 26, 2014

Character Tag

Lylyss from the Underground tagged my characters with a few questions, and I decided to answer them here instead of on my Underground writing thread.
Hank and Rachel are brother and sister, but they answered these questions without knowing each others answers.

First, some background for you:

What's your age?
Hank: Ten.
Rachel: Eleven

What's your favorite animal?
Hank: Horses.
Rachel: Can I just say all of them?

Favorite color?
Hank: Red-brown.
Rachel: Green

Favorite food?
Hank: Macaroni and Cheese.
Rachel: Lasagna.

Now, we get on to the interview:

1. What's your family like? How d'you feel about them?
Hank: I really don't know my dad, and my mom doesn't like me very much. I do love my sister. She's the only thing that keeps me from running away or...or worse.
Rachel: I haven't seen my dad for four years. I'm a little mad at him for not trying harder to win us in court. My mom is an alcoholic, and she's never around. I have to spend all my time with her around just trying to keep her calm.

2. What are your pet peeves?
Hank: One thing that really annoys me is small talk. I can't stand that, and another is when people try to engage me in conversation.
Rachel: Um, I guess people not telling me what's going on is a pet peeve. Especially when it's because they're trying to protect me. I mean, sure, I appreciate it, but I can take care of myself.

3. How would you like to be thought of by others?
Hank: I guess, just as a person. Most people think I'm a freak.
Rachel: Compassionate and caring mostly.

4. Any dreams or fears?
Hank: Dreams? Becoming a champion in horse showing. Fears: Uh, Never being loved by someone.
Rachel: Hopes. Well, I'd say having my parents get back together, and Mom and Hank could get along. Fears...hmm, I can't think of any right now.

5. What do other people immediately notice about you?
Hank: I'd say my eyes. Rachel's told me that when you look straight into my eyes, that it seems I can see rght through you.
Rachel: Um, I welcome new people.

6. What's your worst trait?
Hank: I guess I could be more social.
Rachel: I can be a little bossy at some times, and I don't take things seriously enough.

7. What's your best trait?
Hank: Discernment.
Rachel: Compassion.

8. What disturbs you?
Hank: Disturbs me? When people fall for a trap and to me it's obvious.
Rachel: When someone is left out.

9. What trait do you admire most?
Hank: Definitely courage.
Rachel: Loyalty.


10. What trait do you despise most?
Hank: Partiality.
Rachel: Backing out when you should stand alone.

Wow, Ly. Some of those questions really made me dive into their personalites. Good job :)

4 comments:

  1. Those are great answers, Kya! :) I like Hank and Rachel a lot. They seem like real people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers, Kya! Hank and Rachel sound awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete